It can be difficult to know when your adolescent may need professional help.
It can be difficult to know when your adolescent may need professional help. However, some signs may indicate that your child is struggling and could benefit from counseling or therapy, such as:
● Exhibiting sudden changes in behavior, such as becoming withdrawn from friends and family.
● Having difficulty in school. This can be either with academics or socially, or both.
● Experiencing mood swings or drastic mood changes.
● Engaging in self-destructive behaviors, such as cutting or substance abuse.
● Expressing thoughts of suicide or harming oneself.
● Expressing feelings of hopelessness or worthlessness.
If you notice any of these signs in your adolescent, it is important to seek professional help right away. SMD Associates can provide the counseling and therapy your child needs.