If you're feeling overwhelmed by anxiety, there are some things you can do to ease your symptoms.
Here are a few tips on quickly calming your anxiety:
● Practice deep breathing exercises. Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose, filling your lungs with air. Exhale slowly through your mouth. Repeat this several times.
● Take a break from whatever is causing you anxiety and do something calming, such as reading or listening to music.
● Count to 10 slowly.
● Focus on something in the room and name everything you see, touch, smell, or feel.
● Visualize a peaceful place.
● Talk to someone who makes you feel calm.
● Do an activity that requires concentration.
If you need more help managing your anxiety, contact SMD Associates today. They can provide you with the resources and support you need to feel better.